I am a Computer Science PhD candidate at the University of Southern California. I am part of the CPS-VIDA group, and my advisor is Prof. Jyotirmoy Deshmukh. My research interests lie in the design and verification of controllers for cyber-physical systems.
My research involves:
- Incorporating formal methods in the design of controllers for autonomous systems. This includes:
- Design of reward functions for reinforcement learning agents, given temporal logic task specifications.
- Controller synthesis for time-sensitive and safety-critical tasks.
- Fault detection and verification of perception-based control systems, especially in the context of autonomous vehicles.
- Use of runtime monitors to detect malfunction in perception systems, especially in the context of multi-object detection and tracking.
Before this, I received my B.S. in Computer Engineering from the University at Buffalo in 2018, where I also worked with Prof. Karthik Dantu at the Distributed Robotics and Networked Embedded Systems Lab.
Anand Balakrishnan, Stefan Jaksic, Edgar A. Aguilar, Dejan Nickovic, and Jyotirmoy Deshmukh.
In 62nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), December 2023. (Invited Paper, Accepted)
Anand Balakrishnan, Jyotirmoy Deshmukh, Bardh Hoxha, Tomoya Yamaguchi, and Georgios Fainekos.
In Runtime Verification, October 2021.
Parv Kapoor, Anand Balakrishnan, and Jyotirmoy V. Deshmukh.
In arXiv/2011.04950, November 2020.
Zakieh S. Hashemifar, Charuvahan Adhivarahan, Anand Balakrishnan, and Karthik Dantu.
In Autonomous Robots, December 2019.
Anand Balakrishnan, and Jyotirmoy V. Deshmukh.
In 2019 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), November 2019.
Kolby Nottingham, Anand Balakrishnan, Jyotirmoy Deshmukh, Connor Christopherson, and David Wingate.
In arXiv/1910.01723, October 2019.
Anand Balakrishnan, Aniruddh G. Puranic, Xin Qin, Adel Dokhanchi, Jyotirmoy V. Deshmukh, Heni Ben Amor, and Georgios Fainekos.
In 2019 Design, Automation Test in Europe Conference Exhibition (DATE), March 2019.